Bible Zone: Enter with wonder!

Our dedication is to Jehovah our Salvation, Jesus the Christ our Lord and our God. This same dedication is by HIS work in us as we move at HIS direction in Zambia, Africa. Holiness by HIS Grace, the gift of eternal life in Jesus, is our desire for the Tribal People of Africa; that they may turn to HIM receiving forgiveness, remission of sin, just as we have received according to the Scripture.

Phil and Melody Stephens, Servants of Jesus the Christ

Monday, March 15, 2010

Grand Ma, loving Jesus


Walked into the Church building at Highway Baptist Church (bush highway, like, two ruts between and over rocks and weaving among trees and bumping over the roots...I love it...Highway to Heaven) and there she is. Grandma, faithful in loving Jesus. First one there for services. Walks with limp and creaking bones from her home over a half kilometer away, uphill (no, not both ways), a very rocky path, BAREFOOT.

Faithful, loving, kind. She half curtsies (far as she can bend) and folds her hands over her heart when she greets me. When I return the greeting in Tonga, her face comes alive with a 'quarter' of a toothy grin.

Yessiree, when Church is on she is there. I dread the day when she is not present, cause most likely it won't be sickness that prevents her coming; she will be with Jesus and I will weep for joy for her and I will weep because I will miss her love of the LORD she shares with me. Love that comes from saving Grace of Jesus who died for her, forgave her sins and rose from the dead.

Grandma, I love you and I love the Jesus you love. Thank you and sleep well tonight in HIS care.

Phil, your friend

No comments:

Post a Comment