Bible Zone: Enter with wonder!

Our dedication is to Jehovah our Salvation, Jesus the Christ our Lord and our God. This same dedication is by HIS work in us as we move at HIS direction in Zambia, Africa. Holiness by HIS Grace, the gift of eternal life in Jesus, is our desire for the Tribal People of Africa; that they may turn to HIM receiving forgiveness, remission of sin, just as we have received according to the Scripture.

Phil and Melody Stephens, Servants of Jesus the Christ

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Glory Story; Final thoughts on last weekend!


See these precious little ones. Look closely. They are the future of the work of Jehovah to man. They will be what they learn. Oh, I know, genetics is the major component of their lives. Seth was made in the image of Adam. BUT, our God can 'quicken them' for His purpose and works among the children of men by what they learn of Jesus the Messiah appointed our Savior.

This is a good start start, the House of the God, the Congregation of the Assembly, the Church of the living God, people saved (delivered from death by their sin, forgiven in Jesus), baptized obediently showing the story of the Gospel, following Jesus, meeting together for that purpose.

And what do they learn there? What do the 'grayhairs' teach them? I pray it is the things found in Psalm 71. Here are a few of the verses;
1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
2 Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
3 Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress....
7 I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge....
9 Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth....
14 But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more....
18 Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have showed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come....
24 My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long....

Remember this, in verse 7 of Psalm 71, people may look on us as a 'wonder'. But we always know that it is God our 'refuge' Who is our hope, trust, might and power, refuge from who we are without HIM. Psalm 41:1 & 8 with Hebrews 13:5-6. Phil

PS: Not on a soapbox but for continuity of thought I use the KJV. May be antiquated but still most consistent in connectivity OLD and NEW Covenants.







No comments:

Post a Comment